Overview of Metadata Objects
The "templated content" or project metadata shown on the upper navigation bar in CoG is part of the solution for coordinating a large set of projects.
This project metadata provides:
- A way to link associated projects
- A way to find information easily, taking advantage of a familiar website layout
- A way to get customized, consolidated views of the information needed for collaboration across projects
- A way to promote governance norms; for example, expecting that projects will have a clear and open prioritization process
- A way to understand and affiliate with a set of independently run governance bodies
- A way to browse and search associated projects and support discovery
CoG itself is just a starting point. With a schema-based approach, the schema can be governed separately and leveraged in multiple coordination environments.
Last Update: Jan. 25, 2013, 3:05 p.m. by Site Administrator